Personal and General Information
- We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our Website, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual such as your name, company, email, phone number and address (Personal Information). Personal Information is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries to the person within our organisation best suited to be able to help you. We may now, or in the future, offer a registration or membership option. It is our intention that this policy will protect your Personal Information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws.
- We also collect General Information, by which we mean information which is collected by our website or third parties on our behalf, regarding your interaction with and use of our website. This information may be able to identify a server but cannot identify an individual user. The types of ways we collect General Information are more fully described in Clauses 12-15 herein.
Use of Personal Information
- Personal Information that visitors submit to our Website is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted and/or for such other secondary purposes including, but not limited to, assisting with our communication and marketing campaigns, provide personal content, inviting you to participate in customer surveys or competitions as well as any other reasonable purpose necessary to facilitate this aspect of our business. Copies of correspondence sent or collected from the Website, that may contain Personal Information, are stored by us as archives for record-keeping and back-up purposes only.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, Personal Information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Additionally, we may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- At time, we may engage reputable third parties to provide you with promotional information, goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your Personal Information to those third parties in order that they can assist us in meeting your request for goods or services, or for the purposes of our marketing campaigns.
- Where we utilise direct marketing and stay in touch with our customers using your Personal Information, this type of information will not be disclosed to the third parties.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of Personal Information submitted to our Website, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best commercial efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
Collecting Information from Users
- IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ when you visit. Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by our website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and activity. It will pass on information to us regarding your interaction with our website. A cookie will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, website’s domain name, and some digits and numbers. They will identify a particular computer but will not permit reference to a specific individual.
- Pixels, tags and web beacons
Pixels, tags and web beacons are data files, used to record how you use our website. These are often linked to sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn to ensure our advertising is aimed at the correct audience.
- Log files
Log files track movements on our website such as IP address for geolocation settings to ensure users see products and services applicable to their region. Additionally. These movements are used to collate information such as referring pages or exit pages using third party analytical software.
- HEP operates in many countries. We ensure we manage any data we collect from you in accordance with the regulations governing and applicable to those countries, including but not limited to, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australia), and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU).
Access to Information
- We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any Personal Information which we hold about you, and to keep this Personal Information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that Personal Information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the Personal Information corrected email@example.com
- In addition, our employees and the third parties who provide services related to our Website are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
Changes, problems and questions